Linux VM's and Evolution questions

kevin kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Wed Aug 20 19:26:18 UTC 2008

Hi List;

I have several clients that I work with, each of them has it's own VPN
connection. I'm tired of switching between VPN connections to keep up
on email from them throughout the day.

Here's what I'm thinking:

- Fire up a Linux server with 8G or so of memory

- Setup Vmware workstation on the server

- Install a Linux VM on the server for each client (VPN)

- Keep the VPN's logged in, and use some sort of VNC connection from
my mac laptop to the VM's to see that clients email (via evolution)
and open terminals to their servers

Is this a good plan? Are there better choice?

Note some of my clients I can only pull mail via exchange and others I
can get to via pop connections. If possible I'd like to take it a step
further and seamlessly integrate each client's email into a profile in
entourage on my macbook so I can send / receive emails from my mac and
have 'em "pass-through" to/from the VM connections with the correct
VPN.  Also I'd like to setup seamless integration per opening terminal
ssh windows to the client servers, I think I can get this working via
wc however I'm lost per the email bit.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance