Evolution: my sent folder just disappeared.

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Wed Aug 20 19:50:32 UTC 2008

On 8/20/2008 3:40 PM, linuxguy wrote:
> I just got a "Value too large for defined data type" error when I sent
> an email from Evolution.
>
> According to this post, it seems my sent file is too large for the
> filesystem (ext3) ?
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution-list@gnome.org/msg09160.html
>
> How might I fix this ?

Have you tried creating additional folders to archive sent messages and
moving some of the sent email into them from the main "Sent" folder?  I
routinely archive every large folder I have into sub folders by calendar
year to keep things from getting too big to manage and haven't run into
this problem yet.

Tom