can't get X to work after installing F9

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 21 03:35:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 20:41 -0500, samk at twinix.com wrote:
> I upgraded my aging F7 box to F9 yesterday by reinstalling from
> scratch.  After I finished installing selected packages and rebooted,
> I discovered that X no longer worked.

Before anything else, I'd try doing a "yum update" to make sure you've
got the latest versions of everything installed, particularly related to
X.

Then, "system-config-display --reconfig" or simply erase the xorg.conf
file and try running without one (for automatic config, each boot).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.