Infrastructure status, 2008-08-19 UTC 0200

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at wowway.com
Thu Aug 21 03:35:20 UTC 2008

I like the idea where the update tool notifies the user of important
precautions.
I myself am not on the announce list so it was not a good choice to
inform users of the infrastructure problem.
I read a mail to a link on the test list initially.

I think that broadcasting important messages via the more popular lists
is helpful. When the infrastructure failed the "sirens" should have sounded.

I don't know if th problem is stability or security but stoped updating
when informed of the problem on the test list.

Jim

--
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge
is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."