F9 EeePC add/remove trouble

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 21 03:47:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 14:58 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> Now that I know the trick of dragging with the left Alt key down,
> I can usually do *something* with gpk -- but it sure would make life a
> lot easier to have the window fit the monitor.

There's a few things you can try to make windows smaller:  Pick a
smaller font.  Find an option for whether GUI buttons will be drawn as
text/icon/text+icon and make them text-only.

Or you can try making the desktop bigger than the screen resolution,
with a keyhole view of the whole thing, so that you can scroll past the
edge and move the keyhole around.  It is rather like trying to read a
magazine through a keyhole, and not something you'd want to do all the
time, but useful to be able to switch modes to deal with one or two
programs which want big GUIs.

I've come across one or two things that were two tall for my 800 pixel
high laptop screen.  That's rather poor design on their behalf, it's a
common enough screen height.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686