Infrastructure status, 2008-08-19 UTC 0200

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 08:27:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:35:20 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> I myself am not on the announce list

Why not?

> so it was not a good choice to
> inform users of the infrastructure problem.

That's a weird conclusion. Certainly it was a good choice to send an
announcement to the fedora-announce-list, because that is where it
belongs.

> I read a mail to a link on the test list initially.
>
> I think that broadcasting important messages via the more popular lists
> is helpful.

fedora-list? It is a high-traffic discussion list where one can miss an
important message too easily in hundreds of unimportant messages which
are filtered into a special folder.

I don't know what the subscriber count for both lists is to judge about
their popularity, but fedora-announce-list is more important than
fedora-list.

[Btw, fedora-test-list ought to be merged with fedora-devel-list,
and Test Update release reports ought to be posted to fedora-list.]