Signing for fedora-announce with fedora-list (was Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:09:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:36:45 +0200 (CEST), Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> >> Maybe because English is not my native tongue, but the word
> >> "announcement" doesn't to suggest something that important.
> >
> > Announcements at the airport or at the train-station, do you ignore
> > them?
>
> those are broadcasted via speaker and panels and whatever they find at a train station,
> they do not concentrate on one single channel, knowing exactly having people with high,
> middle, low and no experience at all.

This is about the word "announcement" and whether it implies anything
of importance. How do you know whether an announcement is important
to you or not? You need to pay attention to announcements to find out.

--
Let's rename fedora-announce-list to fedora-important-announce-list ;)
and then have users complain that some of the announcements are not