Java applets not starting F-9 , firefox-3

Per Anton Rønning pa-ronn at online.no
Fri Aug 22 09:15:46 UTC 2008

g wrote:

> Per Anton Rønning wrote:
> <snip>
>
> dis you check this???
>

>> also, under 'preferences > content' insure that it is enabled and check
>> 'advanced' to see what is allowed.

Yes, Java and Javascript are both enabled. I always make sure of that.

> <snip>
>
>>     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_16-b02
>>     File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
>>     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_16
>>

> which is good. but you do need to make sure that you have it enabled thru
> you firefox preferences.
>
> also, by any chance are you running 'noscript'? this is an extension
> that you have to install to get into firefox. if you did not install it,
> or do not know, then you probably do not have it.
>
> to also see what you have install, in main menu bar, click 'tools > add-ons',
> then check 'extensions' and 'plugins' to see what extras you have. anything
> under 'extensions' will be 'noscript', if you have it. under 'plugins', you
> should see 'java' and what ever else you have added.
>
> what do you have listed?

There are several plugins, among which the Java plugin is listed.
The noscript extension is not present. How do I get it - and what is it for?
It is not listed among "get add-ons"

Also in reply to Ed:
There are two web-pages (both for interactive currency trading):
1) http://www.cbfx.com and
2) http://www.forex.com
Both these are made for JRE 1.4... are there major revisions in 1.5 that
might
cause problems?
I cannot give out login information :-)  , but the point is that no
login screen appears
at all. So if anyone gets a login screen let me know.

Site 2 shows a dialog - first it tries to initialize the applet,
then it reports failure to do so.

Brgds
PAR