Java applets not starting F-9 , firefox-3

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Aug 22 09:43:06 UTC 2008

Per Anton Rønning wrote:
> g wrote:
>>
>> Per Anton Rønning wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> dis you check this???
>>

>>> also, under 'preferences > content' insure that it is enabled and check
>>> 'advanced' to see what is allowed.
>>>
> Yes, Java and Javascript are both enabled. I always make sure of that.
>
>> <snip>
>>
>>>     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_16-b02
>>>     File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
>>>     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_16
>>>

>> which is good. but you do need to make sure that you have it enabled thru
>> you firefox preferences.
>>
>> also, by any chance are you running 'noscript'? this is an extension
>> that you have to install to get into firefox. if you did not install it,
>> or do not know, then you probably do not have it.
>>
>> to also see what you have install, in main menu bar, click 'tools >
>> add-ons',
>> then check 'extensions' and 'plugins' to see what extras you have.
>> anything
>> under 'extensions' will be 'noscript', if you have it. under
>> 'plugins', you
>> should see 'java' and what ever else you have added.
>>
>> what do you have listed?
>>

> There are several plugins, among which the Java plugin is listed.
> The noscript extension is not present. How do I get it - and what is it
> for?
> It is not listed among "get add-ons"
>
> Also in reply to Ed:
> There are two web-pages (both for interactive currency trading):
> 1) http://www.cbfx.com and

Do you mean the login at
https://live.webtradingonline.com/web/webtrading.aspx  ?

It is a flash application.

> 2) http://www.forex.com
> Both these are made for JRE 1.4... are there major revisions in 1.5 that
> might
> cause problems?

This works fine on FF 3.0.1 and Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_07-b06 on RHELv5.  It
does not work on FF 3.0.1 with:

GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) 1.2

     File name: gcjwebplugin.so
     The GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) executes Java applets.

--
You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when you used to.