Automount of CD-ROMs no longer works

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Aug 22 18:32:21 UTC 2008

Mike McCarty wrote:

> The CD drive works as expected. The DVD does not. When I put a
> written CD into the CD drive, it mounts, and shows the label.
> When I put the same disc into the DVD drive, it brings up the
> CD Creator box, like it was blank. Closing that, and doing a mount
> causes the disc to mount and be usable, but the label is not
> noticed, it mounts just as cdrom1.

I didn't run FC2, so I am nt sure about this. Could it be that the
DVD-ROM drive is reporting that there is a disk in the drive, but
taking too long to report the rest of the information, so that the
system is assuming that it is a blank disk? (Or reporting error like
it is trying to read a blank disk...)

Mikkel