FC9 NetworkManager & WPA

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 23 07:49:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 22:59 -0400, Devon Harding wrote:
> I just installed Fedora Core 9 on my Fujitsu notebook and I can't seem
> to get the WPA wireless working.  When I click on the network icon in
> the panel, it lists my Dlink wireless router's SSID (WPA).  Now when I
> click my ssid, it prompts for a WEP key instead of WPA.  What gives?
> How do I get it to detect WPA networks?

Are you certain your router's in a WPA mode.  You should be prompted to
configure it in the manner that the router is currently running in.
WPA2 is working fine, here, on a DLink wireless router (it's a bastard
of a thing to configure, compared to a Netgear device that I've played
with, but it works).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686