network vs NetworkManger services ??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 23 08:12:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 13:40 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> So you use the term "automatic" to mean that
> the program should work without user intervention?
> There are many programs of this kind, eg the kernel,
> but they are not normally described as "automatic".

It doesn't matter what you think the word means, the word means what it
does.  That it sorts out the behind-the-scenes mechanics of an operation
by itself.

I have no disagreements with your annoyance about its lack of useful
documentation and error handling.  It doesn't handle errors gracefully,
such as notification that "automatic configuration hasn't succeeded,
would you like to (a) try again, (b) manually handle things, (c) abort.

Hopefully, not like the infamous abort/retry/fail of DOS.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.