non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sat Aug 23 08:14:32 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 05:38:02PM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 07:24 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I still don't see why they couldn't have said that it would be *unsafe*
> to install packages, without saying specifically why.  As opposed to

You still don't see because you don't want to.

The first message...
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00008.html

... said:

	We're still assessing the end-user impact of the situation, but as a
	precaution, we recommend you not download or update any additional
	packages on your Fedora systems.

This spells "*unsafe* to install packages, without saying specifically
why" to me, what about you? :)

Rui

--
Pzat!
Today is Setting Orange, the 16th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?