pulseaudio, howto make it work?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Aug 23 15:18:49 UTC 2008

g wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>> Yes g it does, thanks.  It tells me for the 2nd time now that I should have
>> nothing to do with pulseaudio, the whole concept of its design is apparently
>> broken.
>
> i got that impression also. there are some who have it working, but i believe
> it is because it is same systems pulse was built with.

I don't know about that - I have had it working on 3 different
systems, with 3 different sound chips, motherboards, etc. Two of
them are desktops, and one is a laptop. (I no longer have one of the
desktops.) I have problems with the laptop, but they are not PA
problems - I have to specify the correct model for the sound card so
that ALSA has all the correct mixer settings. But I had that problem
before PA as well.

Mikkel