Java applets not starting F-9 , firefox-3

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sat Aug 23 16:07:10 UTC 2008

On Saturday 23 August 2008 17:00, Per Anton Rønning wrote:

> Still no effect. And the funny thing is:
> about:plugins now report this:
>

>     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_06-b02
>
>     File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
>     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_06
>
> I was expecting  _07, not _07 if the last 2 digits identify the update
> number.
>
> I also have:
>

>     GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) 1.2
>
>     File name: gcjwebplugin.so
>     The GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) executes Java applets.

> brgds
> PAR

I'm not sure, but perhaps as you have 2 java plugins showing in about:plugins,
maybe Firefox is defaulting to using the iced tea one, which I've found has
had problems with some sites.

if you type about:config, then scroll down to "plugin.expose_full_path", then
double click on this line, you should now in about:plugins, see where the
iced tea one is. Perhaps re-name it, then try the site again, which should
now be using the one from Sun.

All the best.

Nigel.