Infrastructure status, 2008-08-19 UTC 0200

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 23 17:28:59 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:50:05AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:28:53 -0400
> john at chattanooga.net (John Aldrich) wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 23 August 2008, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> > >
> > > ah yes, and do we also expect, that packages to new install do have
> > > that problem too?
> > >
> > > I mean, i would like to try kde, but am not sure to get compromised
> > > packages there...
> > >
> > My 2 Cents' worth: I was thinking of upgrading from Fedora 6 to
> > Fedora 9, but now I think I might wait for Fedora 10.
>
> Please re-read the announcement:
>
> "At this time we are confident there is little risk to Fedora users who
> wish to install or upgrade signed Fedora packages."
>
> So, feel free to upgrade/install now.
>
> kevin

My F9 system  reports the date of the last update as 13 August with no
updates available.

Konqueror 4.1 continues to have problems with dns lookup failures. The
most annoying is to look up a book on Amazone and then get a dns failure
when I attempt to sign in to Amazon. I have to switch to Firefox to
complete the order. THis now happens regularly.