non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.co.uk
Sun Aug 24 08:11:33 UTC 2008

* Björn Persson <bjorn at rombobjörn.se> [20080824 01:38]:
> Anders Karlsson wrote:
[snip]
> > That is a pretty strong statement to make. Not telling everything does
> > not equate lying - especially when what you are telling (or can tell)
> > is true. And if all you have is an impression that he is not truthful,
> > you conceed that you have no evidence to the contrary as well.
> >
> > I think you owe Paul Frields an apology.
>
> It would be possible to convince me that he didn't mean to deceive. It would
> take an honest-sounding statement that he thought that everybody would
> understand that installing packages might be not only unsafe but actually
> insecure, and also a very good explanation of why he – or someone giving him
> orders – thought it was absolutely necessary to be so cryptic. It would be
> dishonest to apologize before I'm convinced.

Again you are making the assumption that the intent was to deceive or
to not tell the truth. Paul Frields actions speaks louder than words
and I have utmost respect for him.

I stand by my previous e-mail, you owe Paul an apology (granted, take
your time coughing it up) and you should read the book I pointed you
at so you realise what these investigations entail.

/Anders