pulseaudio, howto make it work?

Marcin Kłapkowski mklapkowski at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:45:16 UTC 2008

Sorry, I don't saw all discussion. But I know how to make work in F9
pulseaudio.
Just add user to groups: pulse, pulse-access, pulse-rt. Restart server. It's
work for me.

2008/8/24 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>

> Russell Miller wrote:
>
> > Craig White wrote:
> >> I think he gave you a really good answer too...
> >>
> >> pulseaudio doesn't set the user permissions on devices but is handled by
> >> ConsoleKit / HAL
> >>
> >> If you give a report on your audio hardware submitted to ConsoleKit
> >> package, they could fix the problem (assuming that someone else hasn't
> >> already reported it).
>
> > OK, fair enough.  But let me push back - why should I have to open
> > another report?  Shouldn't it be transferrable?  Shouldn't either he or
> > I be able to just change it to the consolekit queue?
>
> Yes, reassigning bugzilla assignments is trivial.  (I do it all the time.)
> :)
>
> -- Rex
>
> --

Marcin Kłapkowski

"A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with
the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it."
Frank Herbert, Dune