pulseaudio, howto make it work?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Aug 24 17:55:15 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 10:40 -0700, Russell Miller wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> >
> > I think you have personalized these things as if they were intended to
> > make your attempts to use Fedora more difficult.
> >

> No.  Not personalized.  I know they're not intended to make my attempts
> to use Fedora more difficult.  If anything, I'd say they were intended
> to make my attempts to use Fedora easier, and failed.
> > Perhaps you need to read Eric Raymond's 'The Cathedral and the
> > Bazaar' [0] to get a better feel for the aspirations of Fedora because
> > there is a release early and often philosophy that is easier to cope
> > with when its understood.
> >

> I understand.  Like I said, I've been doing this for years, I've been a
> contributor to the KDE project and have a couple of open source projects
> of my own.  I understand how it works.
>
> But I guess in the same vein I tend to expect a certain willingness to
> cooperate out of the community.  The people on this list have generally
> been open to discussion, while they still tend to insist that there
> isn't really a problem.  The few interactions with bugzilla I've had,
> however, leave a bad taste.
----
I don't know...you got a very quick response. I've submitted some
reports that have never gotten any substantive response - not even a
request for more information. I don't take things personally. Some of my
reports have resulted in fixes and that makes me feel better.
----

> Perhaps I should just shut up and start raising a ruckus and submitting
> patches.  Considering how things have been going, however, I wonder if
> there's any chance at all of them being accepted.
----
of course...if they make sense and that's the point of 'The Cathedral
and the Bazaar' and the extra eyeballs.

Craig