How to search the Fedora List

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Aug 24 19:37:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Aldo Foot wrote:

>> http://marc.info/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2
>
> The link is useful.
> But I believe it would be an improvement to the Fedora archives to add a
> search box.
> I'd be easier to find info. I know I can use Fedora's "Find", but how
> come this very active list does not have a better search mechanism; why
> resort to goggle? not that there's anything wrong with it.

 	I just remembered something I did for a list I host.  There's no
direct search for the archives in pipermail but I stumbled across
something on Google and made a search form that will search the list
archive as well as the 'net.  You can see it at -

 	http://www.webtrek.com/SML_search.html

Just ender something like "Gaijin Yokozuna" for a search term to see
results.  The code is a small javascript thingy.  You can set it up
without the 'net search, too.  Just go to the above URL and view code.
You'll need our own key, though.  If I were motivated I'd go searching for
the actual information but I'm afraid I'm to lazy for that.

 	Ah heck, I looked it up anyway.  You can find info by searching
Google for "uds api" or start at these URL's...

Developer's Guide - Google AJAX Search API - Google Code
http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/documentation/

Google AJAX Search API Tutorial - Google Code University - Google Code
http://code.google.com/edu/ajax/tutorials/ajax-search-api.html

 	All that's needed is to put this somewhere in the archives and off
we go.

Joe

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure