non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 23:11:52 UTC 2008

Bruce Byfield wrote:

> As for a "public ass-kicking," if you really want to do something
> effective (as opposed to indulging in self-righteousness), I suggest you
> contact Red Hat and Fedora officials directly, not merely vent in
> forums.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.  The company I work for has paid
subscriptions with RedHat, and we're considering buying a few more for
another product that could be lucrative for them.  I don't think an
inquiry about their security practices are out of line.  I'll ping our
account rep. tomorrow.

--Russell