non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 25 00:07:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:54:28 -0700
Bruce Byfield <bbyfield at axion.net> wrote:

> > That's what the Fedora Board (or whatever its official name is) is for.
>
> So write the board. Don't waste time here.

They should be monitoring this mailing list and taking action based on the
wishes of the community.  That's what community representatives do.  Represent
the community's views.

> > They should be front-and-center right now handling the public ass-kicking on
> > behalf of the community.
>
> Why? Because you want them to be?

See the preceding paragraph.  That's their role.

> Anyway, they've been dealing with a difficult situation for a week.
> Possibly, they mishandled it, but I don't begrudge them a day or two to
> recuperate before plunging back into the action.

Well, it's been a week.  How much more time should be allowed before someone
says "Hey guys, let's roll it"?