H.D. install problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Aug 25 08:26:20 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 19:58 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> I had hoped to make the new drive a third one but sadly I found only
>> two SATA connectors on the motherboard so I had to revert to plan B.
>>

> Or there's plan c - buy a SATA card to plug into your motherboard.

Yes, I have been thinking about doing that but once I got the cover off
the box
I went ahead and installed in place of the first drive.  I bought extra
data
and power cables when I ordered the drive but there was no where to go
with the
data cable ...

Adding a third drive is apparently not a Dell [Dimension 4700] option on
this box,
there's no mounting bracket either so it will just float which is
acceptable [to me].

C'est la vie!

Bob