pulseaudio, howto make it work?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Aug 25 14:58:37 UTC 2008

Alan Cox wrote:

> Nor with the kernel, cat, ed, cp ...  so that is rather a silly point.
> Also it seems quite a few of the complaints come down to either -
> consolekit permission choices - not pulseaudio, and problems with the
> intelhd audio driver which were kernel.
>
> Alan

The intelhd driver is a lot of fun - each time that make a major
change, I have to play with the settings before I get all the mixer
controls. The settings that worked on the last version seldom work
on the new version. My sound configuration is not one that is
recognized automatically, and there are a couple of things that do
not work correctly - I have to take time to sort it all out one of
these days.

Mikkel