Automount of CD-ROMs no longer works

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 25 21:37:24 UTC 2008

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Well, I am running 2 DVD-RW - I forget the brands, but they show up
> in dmesg as:
> TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202G
> DVDRW DRW-5S163

dmesg shows:

[...]
hdc: SONY DVD RW DRU-V200A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
[...]
hdc: ATAPI 48X DVD-ROM DVD-R-RAM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
[...]

> They will both auto-mount CDs and DVDs. But this is with F8, so I do
> not know if that helps with FC2.
>
> One other thing to keep in mind when testing - some systems will not
> boot from CD if there are 2 CD/DVD drives in the system at the same
> time. I think it is getting kind of rare now, but I do run into it
> once in a while.

Worth bearing in mind. My BIOS looks pretty savvy, but I'll watch
for that.

> I hope this helps...

Well, you're being helpful, anyway. Thanks!

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.