Nvidia driver

Per Anton Rønning pa-ronn at online.no
Tue Aug 26 13:20:00 UTC 2008

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Mon August 25 2008 10:19:39 am Per Anton Rønning wrote:
>
>>> please run the following from a command prompt, and post results:
>>> 'rpm -qa kernel*'
>>>

>> And the results are:
>> kernel-PAE-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686
>> kernel-headers-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i386
>> kerneloops-0.11-1.fc9.i386
>> kernel-PAE-2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686
>> kernel-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686
>>

> I'm sorry, I was thinking of something else at the same time. The command
> should have been:
>
> rpm -qa | grep kernel
> we're basically looking to see if your architectures are coherent, all i686
> except for the kernel-headers and kerneloops which can be i386; we need to see
> if you have the correct kernel-devel installed in particular
> is there a reason you've got the PAE kernel installed? are you running more
> than 4GB of memory in this machine?
>
> what does the command 'uname -a' give?

rpm -qa | grep kernel returns this:
kernel-PAE-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686
kernel-headers-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i386
kerneloops-0.11-1.fc9.i386
kernel-PAE-2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686
kernel-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

And this seems to be the same as the last result.

My machine has 4 GiB ram installed,  of which 3.7 GiB is effective.

uname -a gives:

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Aug 4
13:57:11 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I sent a posting about some progress in the matter (my last one) - but I
still seem to miss something (ref posting)

Brgds.
PAR