non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:41:59 UTC 2008

2008/8/24 Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>:

> Disclosure doesn't sabotage forensic evidence.  I can tell you that there is
> blood on this shoe without having any effect at all on the blood that's on the
> shoe.

Actually there is a long history of police forces withholding vital
details of a crime in order to, say, detect whether a person is:

- a fraud, because they don't know some detail that the perpetrator of
the crime alone would likely know
- guilty, because they inadvertently reveal a detail that the
perpetrator of the crime alone would likely know