airmon-ng with iwl4965

David Hláčik david at hlacik.eu
Tue Aug 26 15:11:48 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

hope i am not making off-topic, but it is worth to ask for me.

I am trying to make my iwl4965 wifi card work with aircrack-ng package from
Fedora.

I know guys, that i need to patch driver + mac80211 to make monitor mode
work.

I have used patches  provided on aircrack-ng pages to patch kernel-source
and rebuilded whole kernel.

However this is what i got ,

Interface    Chipset        Driver

*wlan0            iwl4965 - [phy0]/usr/sbin/airmon-ng: line 338:
/sys/class/ieee80211/phy0/add_iface: No such file or directory
mon0: unknown interface: No such device*

                (monitor mode enabled on mon0)

What is missing there ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

DAVID