Proxy Settings

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 27 10:55:15 UTC 2008

Ramprasad Rajendran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/8/18 Leon Vergottini <leon.vergottini at gmail.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> I ahve tried adding the the proxy settings in the yum.conf file as per
>> certain forums.  I have tried the export http_proxy option.  Still none is
>> working.

I put our proxy details into the /etc/yum.conf file directly.  Ours
doesn't require authentication so the entry is of the form:

proxy=http://wwwcache.example.com:8080

..and it works just fine. I believe yum will also pick up the http_proxy
environment variable if it is set, but if you do this you can't run yum
through sudo, as newer versions of sudo strip http_proxy from the
environment by default.

Simon.