Turn off bash completion?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 27 16:45:09 UTC 2008

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:51:55 -0500
> Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Because I find that I'm frequently hitting TAB when intending
>> to use CAPS-LOCK and getting extraneous stuff in my command line
>> which I then have to edit back out.
>
> Have you considered re-arranging your keyboard layout?
> (System-Preferences-Hardware-Keyboard)

It isn't I feature I would use, anyway. I have it turned off
in my web browser, for example. As mentioned by the previous
responder, I could just "not use it", except that I find
it happening from time to time unexpectedly, and irritatingly.

I don't like the feature, and if it didn't intrude occasionally,
I'd just ignore it.

Rearranging my keyboard in order not to take advantage of a feature
I don't like doesn't sound appealing for some reason.

I was wrong about the error I encountered. I can type "I" but not "i".

I wonder why it went away?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.