Amarok, Songbird, and other similar players...

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:24:58 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 16:39:23 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Dan Thurman wrote:
> > This is a question that has been bugging me for awhile and
> > countless of hours trying to fix song tags that seems to be
> > overwritten, or so it seems.
> >
> >  From what I can tell, it *seems* to me that these players
> > might be using their own "database" to write over the tags
> > because no matter what I try via EasyTag,
>
> Can't speak for the others, but afaik, amarok does not keep tags
> internally, but only reads tags directly from the media files via taglib.

Can't speak for amarok2, but in amarok1 I have have many folders with music
that I have imported from vinyl, therefore having no native tags.  I have
entered the information on amarok and it has saved it, accessing it in future
with no problems.  I didn't use any tool, just manually entered the static
info for the album, then individual track info.  It must be stored in a db
somewhere.  HTH

Anne