Ooo writer: autocorrect MIA?

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Wed Aug 27 23:03:15 UTC 2008

Peter Langfelder wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Matthew Woehlke
> <mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> How do I enable autocorrect in writer? The help says to go to
>> autocorrect->options and check 'use replacement table', but there is no such
>> option. Any thoughts? I'm using 2.4.1-17.4.fc9.i386 (Fedora 9).
>>

> I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but AutoCorrect features can be
> enabled by going to Tools->AutoCorrect and enabling any corrections
> you like. I don't see 'use replacement table' under Options either.
>
> Peter

I'm seeing the same thing Matthew Woehlke is seeing.  There is no
"Replace" tab in the AutoCorrect menu.  The only options are
"Exceptions", "Options" "Custom Quotes" and "Word Completion".  In the
"Options" menu there is suppose to be a "use replacement table" setting
but it does not exist.

For those that see these features, what versions of OOo are you using?
In my case both v 2.3 (in Fedora 8) and v2.4 (in Fedora 9) show that I
am using a "...product ...created by Red Hat Inc. based on
OpenOffice.org" when I look at "Help>About OpenOffice.org".

~~R