The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 15:23:10 UTC 2008

Alan Cox wrote:
>> What law or contract is broken when a company provides a link to another
>> company's site?  Particularly, when that other company would want to
>> have that link.
>
> 2600 decision.
>
>> Or have I completely misunderstood and need to do some reading?  Got
>> some sites?
>
> Read up on 'contributory infringement'
>
> and remember US so called "free speech" is strictly and narrowly defined
> to be political speech.

_AND_ keep in mind that this has next-to-nothing to do with Nvidia or
other vendor-provided drivers, commercial software (even free - in the
original sense - stuff like VMware, flash, realplayer), or how to
install Sun Java, yet they are all equally shunned subjects in official
channels.  That is their right, of course, but it means that fedora
users need to be prepared to find information and resources elsewhere.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com