Am I a Bonehead or what? (# rm /dev)

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 29 01:57:52 UTC 2008

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>>
>> [deleted /dev]
>>
> What version of Fedora? With any version with udev, there is the

During boot, I see two errors pop up...

/etc/rc5.d/S--...  /dev/cpu/0/microcode does not exist
[so microcode updates not being applied]

/dev/sda1 cannot stat (from /etc/fstab)

The messages go by quickly, so I didn't get full text, but
it looks like a significant portion of /dev is still missing.

Interestingly, kudzu is not reporting that my printer is missing.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.