The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 15:24:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 04:51 +0000, g wrote:

> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> <snip>
> > Maybe these FAQs are good enough in terms of content (I don't know), but
> > if newbies don't know about them and oldies very rarely refer to them
> > then there's a piece missing.
>
> all of them were easily found by clicking menus at left of main pages.

But how many people even bother to look at these pages?

> > This was discussed recently. Until shown otherwise, I stand by my theory
> > that the lack of search is due to the list being managed by Mailman.
>
> i really do not feel blame is 'mailman'.

I'll repeat what I said a few days ago in another thread: even the
Mailman archives (i.e. the archives of the mailman-users list) don't
have a search box! See
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030520 which confirms
this and suggests several alternatives.

I'm sure if was easy to do this it would have been done long ago and
this list would have a search function. Note: *easy*, not *possible*.

poc