The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:09:10 UTC 2008

Aldo Foot wrote:

>> I'm sure if was easy to do this it would have been done long ago and
>> this list would have a search function. Note: *easy*, not *possible*.
>>

> Not easy, but not impossible... we simply got to stick to the limitations
> of the design.
> A search function would greatly simplify the search
> for answers. Don't we normally say "google this, google that" because
> we know the benefit of a search mechanism?

Yes, for someone who is used to the mechanism, a raw search will often
turn up useful information that isn't available in a better-organized
format anywhere.  But you have to discard the questions and incorrect
answers that a search will return and it's not really a good replacement
for a tutorial on how to find, add, and maintain the components that
fedora omits.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com