Linksys WRT54G2

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Aug 30 09:24:32 UTC 2008

James Wilkinson wrote:

> Alternatively, if you don’t know which IP address a router has, you can
> set a computer to DHCP, let it pick up an IP address from the router,
> and look at the gateway IP address (for example, in the output from
> /sbin/route).

I'm no sort of expert in this area,
but the OP was talking of using the Linksys internally,
not as a router attached directly to the internet.

In my case this caused a slight problem,
as I had assigned the 192.168.1.0 network for the link to the network,
and so could not access my Linksys from the network.
I had to use a detached laptop to link to the Linksys (at 192.168.1.1)
and then change the IP address of the Linksys (to 192.168.2.15).

This was actually a Linksys WRT54GL,
which has been running under dd-wrt perfectly for a couple of years.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net