Problem with D-Link DGE-530T 10/100/1000 Ethernet card.

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Tue Dec 2 03:23:11 UTC 2008

When I plug this card into the motherboard backplane and boot the machine
I get a 'tick tick tick' noise and never get to the point where the Video card
writes to the Monitor screen.

I have a half dozen OTHER D-Link cards, and have never had a problem
(hence buying this one when I wanted a 1GB card)

Ive tried it in a couple three different slots, always the same response.
Any thoughts?

For problems they point to a WEB site, which doesnt seem to have any
LINUX info, and e-mail and an 800 number which I will try tomorrow, but
if anyone has any thoughts tonight I would appreciate hearing them.

I mean 'tick tick tick' that almost sounds like a bad card, or a card not
seatng
all the way into the slot, but before I would accuse them of that, I would want
to try it in another machine, and Im not up to that tonight.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com