F9 to F10 upgrade problem

Peter J. Stieber developer at toyon.com
Fri Dec 5 22:35:37 UTC 2008

PS = Pete Stieber
PS>> After fixing the grub problem I rebooted to find the
PS>> machine is using a Fedora 10 kernel, but the majority
PS>> of the packages on the machine are for Fedora 9.
PS>> When I run you update there are dependency problems
PS>> due to the odd configuration.
PS>>
PS>> Is there anything I can do to work around this?

S = stan

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum/YumUpgradeFaq#Upgrading_Fedora_Using_Yum

S> It sounds like you are part way through the procedure
S> already.  It might be as simple as just running
S> yum upgrade to complete it.

Thanks for the link Stan.  It turns out my machine still had the
fedora-release package from the Fedora 9 new key setup installed.  I
removed this rpm and am yum groupupdate for various groups and it
appears to be working.

Pete