Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

rlengland at verizon.net rlengland at verizon.net
Tue Dec 9 16:55:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at  7:13 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>

>> My strong impression from reading the newsgroups
>> is that a large majority of enthusiasts are using KDE,
>> despite the fact that this is not the default.
>
> I have no idea. We cannot rely on mere impressions for making such
> decisions and I know of no hard public hard data. Enthusiasm doesn't
> determine how many people work on something full time. Paying
> customers do.
>
> Rahul

It has to be kept in mind that people who are satisfied with something
rarely express their satisfaction avidly.  This means that those with a
problem or issue or desire to see something change will predominate the
converstation on a list such as this.

Would smolt be a reasonable place to consider mining for data on the
distribution of use is on the various DMs?  Doesn't it report the active
DM?  Or, if not, should it?

~~R