F9 does not boot this morning

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Dec 9 17:53:58 UTC 2008

Dave Feustel wrote:
> F9 does not boot this morning. It does not get as far as
> enabling virtual consoles. I had to boot a previous version
> to get X and logon. Is this related to the many error
> messages I am getting since yesterday about a process being
> unable to close?

It appears that the update yesterday broke the packagekit update process. If you
could run an update the problem of not being able to run an update would go away.

I think if you run "yum upgrade PackageKit gnome-packagekit" as root, by hand,
it will work, but I haven't tried it, since someone in the office did an install
and upgrade offsite and saved this morning's RPMs which we installed by hand.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>