f9 FireFox and Sound.

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Tue Dec 9 20:10:49 UTC 2008

> Reg Clemens wrote:
> > Actually I didnt answer the question asked.
> > Yes this has to do with FLASH, but its more than that.
> > I dont have any sound at all on f9.
> > On fc6 sound works for everything that generates sound.
>
> You've checked all of your volume sliders?  I see sporadic sound
> failures with Flash animations on my F9 X86_64 system.  Usually,
> restarting firefox fixes the problem, so I assume its a plug-in issue.
>
> If you're problem is more than that, I'd go back to
> system-config-soundcard and start from there.  Check your system logs
> for any/all information it gives you about your sound card during boot
> up, and go from there.

Ive checked

    alsamixer -D hw:0

as another user suggested,
the sliders had NOT been set ala the /etc/asound.conf /etc/asound.state
so I reset them.

Didnt help. Still no sound.

AND you suggest

    system-config-soundcard.

I have one of those in fc6 but dont find it in f9.
Is there some package that I havent loaded?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com