I need Miredo for F10

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Dec 9 23:17:17 UTC 2008

Kevin J. Cummings wrote, On 12/09/2008 05:55 PM:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> And
>> http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=miredo&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=
>> only finds it for F9.  So I download that anyway and try to do a yum
>> localinstall and it needs:
>>
>> libcap.so.1
>>
>> And libcap.so.2 is installed, what to do?
>
> Well, one of number of things things:
>
>     1)  If the API for libcap.so.2 is backward compatible enough for
> what you need it for, just put a in symlink linking libcap.so.1 ->
> libcap.so.2.
>
>     2)  If the API for libcap.so.2 is incompatible with what your
> application needs, then you will need to find a .src.rpm for building
> libpcap.so.1, build it yourself, and install it locally.
>
>     3)  Find an old RPM and install it and hope that it works.
>
> Sometimes there are compatibility versions of libraries available in one
> or more of the repos, but a "yum search libcap.so.1" for me doesn't find
> anything.

A further option considering "Miredo is an open-source Teredo IPv6 tunneling
software for..."[1], would be to snag a copy of the source to Miredo[2] and
build it on F10... of course that assumes that the software has something sort
of nice like a configure script to let the OP know that they need more 'devel'
packages and that the OP understands what the configure script is asking for.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miredo
[2] http://www.remlab.net/files/miredo/?C=N;O=D

--
Todd Denniston