What are these F-10 boot slides?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Dec 16 17:30:10 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: What are these F-10 boot slides?
From: Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Date: 12/16/2008 11:22 AM

> Well, on my netbook it has been spectacularly unsuccessful.  The boot time is
> horrifically long.  It seems that it first tries to bring up my wireless
> connection, failing miserably, then it tries to mount my 3 defined nfs mounts.
> Two of them are always available, one is not always.  Instead of a reasonably
> short wait time, then moving on, it seems to wait a very long time.  If
> anyone's interested I'll time it.  Failing gracefully is something it needs to
> learn.
>
> Anne

The whole NFS startup procedure was left in without any changes with
respect to NetworkManager taking the reins in network device control. I
tried searching for a bug on it, but I didn't see anything. I know
NetworkManager will automount NFS upon IP configuration, so there needs
to be investigation into whether the NFS init scripts can be modified to
include #if $NetworkMananger eq 1; exit 0; instead of processing normally.