Replacing sysklogd with rsyslog

Casartello, Thomas tcasartello at wsc.ma.edu
Wed Dec 17 00:48:24 UTC 2008

Fixed the problem myself. Forgot about -nodeps in the rpm command

Thomas E. Casartello, Jr.
Staff Assistant - Wireless Technician/Linux Administrator
Information Technology
Wilson 105A
Westfield State College

Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)

I have some Fedora 9 machines that were originally Fedora 7. They're still holding onto the fc7 sysklogd. I installed rsyslog, but the system is not letting me remove the fedora 7 sysklogd package because all of my packages are depending on it. Is there anyway to fix this without reinstalling everything? Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Casartello, Jr.
Staff Assistant - Wireless Technician/Linux Administrator
Information Technology
Wilson 105A
Westfield State College
(413) 572-8245