OT: Comcast permanent block on port 25

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Fri Dec 19 17:17:10 UTC 2008

Comcast, in their infinite wisdom, has begun to block all inbound port
25 connections at my location.

I collect several mailing lists at my home domain which I have
maintained for many years.

Plus, it has always been nice to have an email box that I could run my
own spam filters on.

Because MicroSoft has created such a huge mess with spambots and the
like, I have lost another privilege that not long ago was assumed, and
now falls into a business only category.

I do not blame the consumers who are duped into buying computers with a
pre-installed OS.

It is so VERY annoying that step by step, we lose individual freedoms
because of corporate greed and incompetence.

Its somewhat like being in jail for something you did not do.  Or so it
seems to me.

Sorry for the rant.