mouse and keyboard freeze (was: mount point for new partition)

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Sat Dec 20 11:10:26 UTC 2008

> The nvidia card may be the problem. You can pass xdriver=vesa to use the
> VESA driver or xdriver=nv or xdriver=nouveau
>
> You will need to work out getting the nvidia rpms later if nv or nouveau
> would not be good enough.

I tried your suggestion and indeed I can continue to get on with the
installation of F10 in graphical mode.
Now a different problem occurs: shortly after logging in the keyboard
and mouse are freezing. I tried to boot with the options "noapic" and
"acpi=off" but none of them worked. Searching this list and google
didn't give me any clues.
The problem occurred after I installed (and removed) the nvidia-kmod rpm
(rpmfusion repository). I removed it because X wouldn't start.
Does anybody have a suggestion?
Peter