Why did I not get readahead when I upgraded from F9 to F10?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sat Dec 20 17:36:15 UTC 2008

I noticed that the new F10 boot process is supposed to be somewhat faster
because it took advantage of a new package called readahead. When I
upgraded from F9 to F10, I did not get readahead. I did go ahead and I
added that package to my system. My question is, is there a way to see
what packages are installed by default on a new install vs what packages
are installed as part of an upgrade? Or is this a bug?

TIA

steveo at syslang.net