KDE 4.1 on Fedora 10

Alain Roger raf.news at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 19:38:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 21 December 2008 19:05:32 Alain Roger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm new to fedora 10 and i got the full version (with Gnome environment).
> > as former Mandrake and KDE user, i would be glad to know how can i
> install
> > KDE 4.1 on this version ?
> > i do not want to download the Fedora 10 live with KDE already
> installed...
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > thanks a lot,
>
> You're right - you don't need to download the live edition.  I've never
> done
> it at this point (I always install kde from the start), but the command you
> need (from a root terminal, of course) is something like
>
> yum groupinstall kde
>
> or maybe
> yum groupinstall kde-desktop
>
> If you prefer to do it from a GUI, on the kickoff menu, type 'software' in
> the
> searchbar and you will find Add/Remove Software.  There you'll see the
> group
> 'KDE desktop'
>
> Anne
>
> --

Hi Anne,

I tried the GUI andto run the Add/remove software but it did not work well
after internet failure :-(
for Fedora 10, only the following command worked well : yum groupinstall
"KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

so thanks for your help.

by the way, Anne is quite a french name :-) so what is the trend in France
for Fedora Desktop Environment ?

Alain