static IP under F10

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 26 20:56:52 UTC 2008

Alain Roger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have setup a static IP for my F10 computer (which will be use later
> as DB server for test development).
> therefore i modify the following 3 files:
> /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
> /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>
> i setup my mask to 255.255.255.0 as usual and after i reboot F10.
> after login as user, F10 as setup eth0 inactive. when i press the
> button activate, eth0 is activated but the mask turns to my default
> gateway address... and internet does not work.
>
> where is the problem ?
> i'm sure that this IP address is free and works if i use it on windows OS.
> thx a lot.
>
> --
> Alain
> Windows XP x64 SP2 / Fedora 10 KDE 4.2
> PostgreSQL 8.3.5 / MS SQL server 2005
> Apache 2.2.10
> PHP 5.2.6
> C# 2005-2008
You only need to change /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 .
Check into /etc/resolv.conf for the correct DNS. This is where your DNS
is setup to get you on the Internet.
Are you using a gateway router or direct to the DSL box ?
Here is a working /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to compare by;
After all changes are made , restart your computer, all damons will also
be restarted